There are few things that capture summer more than a fresh, fruity and sweet sangria; and if you’re anything like me you take yours a little boozy as well. The best thing about sangria is that you can do so many things to make it your own. Through some experimenting, I’ve put together this delicious watermelon, strawberry and mint recipe that is sure to bring in the sunny weather vibes.
- 2 cups of cubed watermelon
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- 2 bottles of white wine (I used chardonnay, but riesling or sauvignon blanc will also do)
- 1-1/2 cups of strawberry or watermelon vodka
- 1/4 cup of St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 1/2 cup of sparkling water or club soda
- 1/4 cup of mint (or as desired)
1) Take 1 cup of the cubed watermelon and 1 cup of the strawberries and blend on high until well pureed; put the blended puree to the side for now
2) In a large pitcher mix the wine, vodka, St. Germain and sparkling water
3) Add fruit juice puree and mint to the pitcher and stir together
4) Chill and serve
As an extra step you can use leftover fruit to make “kabobs” to garnish your drink and make it even prettier.